Tapijn Open to the Public

10:00
15:00
The tours start every 20 minutes, between 10:00 and 15:00. The tours last approximately one hour
Locatie:
Location:
St.-Hubertuslaan / Prinsbisschopssingel 6211ME: The starting point is at Brasserie Tapijn.
Register
Registration for one of the 16 tours is mandatory.
Maximaal aantal personen:
Maximum number of people
Tapijn Open to the Public

Architecture firm LIAg from The Hague constructed ingenious ways to connect the different Tapijn pavillions underground.

The Tapijn barracks were built between 1916 and 1919 in the area known as 'de Kommen' - the Bowls - referring to the bowl-shaped inundaNon basins, acNng as a waterlogged defensive line on the south side of the city since the 17th century. The barracks were named in 1934 after Sebastiaan Tapijn who had defended Maastricht valiantly but in vain against the Spanish onslaught in 1579 and lost his life in doing so.

Hoofdsponsoren

Sponsoren